I’m Carol. When asked as a teenager what I wanted to be when I grew up I certainly didn’t have a clue that I would eventually become a Clowning Facilitator. My original training was in English and Theatre Arts at the University of Toronto and the Drama Studio in London. I worked in education and theatre for some years, then qualified to be a Psychosynthesis Therapeutic Counsellor and an NLP Master Practitioner. I took these skills into business in the public and private sectors as a Communication Skills Trainer. All this led to my involvement in the positive psychology movement as a Laughter Leader and then onto becoming a Clowning Facilitator. It feels like a combination and culmination of all my work in education, theatre and psychology. I have never felt happier or as privileged in what I do than now. My work is full of much joy!

As a Laughter Leader...

I help people understand how vital laughter is to good health and happiness. And I laugh with people. I don't try to "make 'em laugh" like a stand-up comedian might do. I lead and guide games, exercises, songs, movement and play, a mixture of activities (including clowning of course) that help people connect to their sense of fun and to laugh for the sheer joy of it.